Specification of the position
The BA Program in Southeast Asian Languages and Cultures at National Chengchi University invites applications for a tenure track faculty position in Vietnamese language and culture, expected to begin on 1 August, 2019.
The successful appointee will engage in teaching courses of Vietnamese language and culture and Southeast Asian humanities or social sciences at undergraduate or professional level, designing e-learning materials, performing research, assisting in curriculum development and administrative assignments.
- A PhD Degree with specialization in Vietnamese language and culture or related fields.
- Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree required by 1 August, 2019.
- Ability to teach in English preferred.
- Academic Teaching Rank Accreditation Certificate issued by Ministry of Education of ROC (Taiwan) preferred.
- Experience in teaching all levels of Vietnamese language and culture, and Vietnamese-related courses at college level.
- Ability to develop and update innovative teaching materials.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to departmental services.
Please include the following documents combined into a single PDF file in the prescribed order below:
- Curriculum vitae (in English)
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts (academic records). A foreign Ph.D. diploma must be authenticated by ROC (Taiwan) Consular Office.
- One copy of PhD dissertation
- Two representative publications in recent five years preferred.
- A four-year curriculum for the teaching of (1) all levels of Vietnamese language, (2) Vietnamese and Southeast Asian humanities or social sciences, and (3) Vietnamese-related courses
- Two letters of recommendation (in recent two years)
- Photocopies of documents relevant to the position (with English translations if not originally in English)
Before 25 April, 2019
- Please email all documents (attached in a single PDF file) to: email@example.com
- Please also mail a hard copy to:
The Search Committee
The BA Program in Southeast Asian Languages and Cultures
National Chengchi University
NO.64, Sec.2, ZhiNan Rd., Wenshan District, Taipei, Taiwan 116 R.O.C.
Please note “Application for Tenure Track Position” on the envelope.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview with teaching demonstration.
- If you wish your documents to be returned to you, please indicate it and enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Mr. Yi-hua Lin
Tel: 886-2-2939-3091 # 62745 (09:00~12:00 and 13:30~17:00)